Images and words from my life.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Routine Criminal

Last night, after exiting the subway stop and waiting to cross the street on my way home from work, a prophet or schizophrenic or maybe an angel hollered "A criminal always returns to the scene of the crime." This has stuck with me and got me thinking about a life of routines, of places returned to with shocking regularity, of how many "crimes" I have commited in the places I frequent the most. Mainly, home and work. I'm afraid that I'm the perp of too many crimes at home, something I'm deeply ashamed of and regret immensely.

This returning happens in the memory, as well. I go back mentally to my crimes, replaying them, trying to make sense of my motivations and thoughtlessness. Crimes of yesterday and yesteryear. How did I become such a criminal? How entrapping the proverb spoken last night. He was right. I do return to the scenes.

Namaste

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home