Images and words from my life.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Abuelita

Narcisso's abuela died late Tuesday night in Ocala, Florida. He was there, along with all his family. I was back in here in Los Angeles, since our finances are in the pits right now and I couldn't afford to make the trip. She was a fiesty, beautiful woman who had a long, great and sometimes trying life. I'm sorry that I never met her, but I'm grateful for the stories Narcisso has shared with me. I'm also deeply struck by how much his family accepts me, when my side has such a difficult time with the concept and reality of us. Doesn't say much for white middle-class values.

1 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

My condolences for Narcisso and your loss.

It's nice to hear when families accept partners. You don't see a lot of examples in this neck of the woods. gay is more of a stoning offense. If I ever get brave enough to stick a toe in the water again, I hope my mom can find it in herself to try and accept him.

Take care,

Dirk

8:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home