Images and words from my life.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Vampires and Apocalypse

I'm reading two books right now. S.E. Hinton's "Hawkes Harbor" is an intriguing vampire tale. I picked this up in a drugstore near my former psychiatrist's office, initially intrigued when my eye caught the author's name on the cover. I loved Hinton's "The Outsiders," "That Was Then, This Is Now" and "Rumblefish" as a kid. Now I'm a fan of her adult-targeted fare.

In "Messiah" by Andrei Codrescu (author and NPR commentator extraordinaire), two young women are being slowly drawn to each other from New Orleans and Jerusalem, as part of the coming end of the age as we know it. Spirits and the internet are major players as well. This is my first reading of Codrescu's work, and I'm hooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home