Images and words from my life.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Money Does Too Buy Happiness

I'm disgusted by news reports, like this one, or this one, or this one. Call me selfish, but I am tired of barely making ends meet and having no vision of how to get ahead of where I am. It's ridiculous to think that being poor = being happy. I'm fairly poor, or perhaps bottom-of-the-barrel middle class, and I'm not happy about it at all. Yes, I made some very unwise, even stupid decisions early in my life that have cost me good credit. If I could reestablish some credit, maybe THEN I'd be happy, or less dissatisfied. Where's the study on people's happiness in relation to their credit score?

Here's a more satisfying article.

I just would like to be able to put a down payment on a new Civic (I'm not asking for the means for a Hummer, or even an Accord!), rather than scratching my way through Craig's list for something that will run, has passed its smog inspection, and costs $500 or less.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kyle Walker said...

LA isn't a cheap place. Albuquerque is one of the least expensive and best places to live. It is actually mildly progressive too!

Move there and then I can selfishly come visit!

3:01 PM

 
Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

be a professional country line dancer and get paid well! yeeeeehaw!-uh-oh! just as long as you're alowed to crack the bullwhip!

1:29 PM

 
Blogger Page Turner said...

I would have to say that I agree, money doesn't buy happiness at all, however, being able to buy cool stuff from time to time does make me happy for a little while. I don't have a lot of money either, just good credit, which makes it appear that I have a lot of money.

10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home